How to Help
We have short- and long-term volunteer opportunities, for those interested in working with talented dogs toward special service skills!
For those interested in short term volunteering, you can help by:
- socializing with brand new Possibility Dogs (play visits)
- assisting with Public Access training by accompanying a Possibility Dog team to stores, parks, restaurants, etc.
- allowing a Possibility Dog team to do a walk-through short visit of your office or business (we love training on stairs and elevators!)
- assist with Canine Good Citizen and Public Access testing
Want to be more involved? We have opportunities for you to:
- participate with Possibility Dogs at community events, safety fairs, and the like — interact with the public, introduce the dogs, and spread the good word about our services
- learn evaluation and training protocols for Possibility Dogs' service,emotional support, and therapy canines
- assist in the evaluation of potential Possibility Dogs
- develop and provide information resources for clients partnering a Possibility Dog (ex. vaccinations required for interstate travel; TSA procedures with service dogs at airports, public bus travel requirements in a specific city, etc.)
- foster a Possibility Dog candidate who has passed initial evaluation
- train or co-train a Possibility Dog candidate to pass the CGC and Public Access testing where appropriate
- partner a Possibility Dog in therapy contexts (hospitals, hospices, schools, social service facilities)
Contributions are always welcome and much appreciated. See our Donations page for more information.